Monday, February 14, 2011

A Goodyear Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!

I can say I actually like all holidays. Even Valentines Day as a totally single girl. It's always fun to have a little something different and fun going on. I really consider last Friday my Valentines celebration because I spent the afternoon partying with 21 little dears and that night I cuddled on the couch with three of my favorite kids and watched a silly Nickelodeon movie. My Valentine weekend continued Saturday with a hike at the lake with some sweet girls I'm mentoring from school and a steak dinner with my parents and movie with Mom. Just Go With It is the sweetest movie!Today has just been so crazy I can only laugh at it now. I have a training this week so I got to sleep in (a bright side of the day) and leisurely make my way down to the class. On my way back from lunch I pulled into the parking lot only to get up to a little spot in the drive way where it curves into the parking lot and the curb sticks out a little. Right at that time a vehicle is coming from the other direction a little too far on my side and I in turn wacked the curb sticking out and immediately felt my tire deflate. Great. Dad saved the day by coming to change the flat and putting my spare on.

Needless to say as soon as the class was over I headed down to Wal-Mart to get a brand new tire for my flat one and one to match on the other side. Yay! While they put my tires on I browsed the store and even picked out a pair of sandals as a treat for myself. Luckily most people aren't buying tires on Valentines evening so it didn't take long. I came home and enjoyed a cupcake from my sweet roommate, read a new magazine and caught up on some blogs and basically just enjoyed some quiet. I even drove my Valentines tires down to Sonic for a Valentines dinner. It was pretty empty. My guess is that most people were going for something a little more classy.

I could have a bad attitude, and I've had my moments I'm not going to lie, but I've come to realize that I'm pretty sure my car running into that curb was the Lords way of bringing me to him today. As I walked around Wal-Mart alone, drove home to my empty house and sat in the still and quiet I couldn't help but thank Him for his provision and grace. Thank you Lord for being my only Valentine!

1 comment: